PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course with Aggieland Scuba
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the su new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- An introduction to three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at Digital Underwater Photography, Wreck Diving, Night Diving, Search and Recovery and much more.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also be introduced to underwater photography equipment , a dive light, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
The Learning Materials You Need
PADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual and DVD provide information on more than 15 types of specialty diving.You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact Aggieland Scuba.
Your Next Adventure
After you’ve tried a specialty in the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you’ll probably want to take the Specialty Course and learn more : Taste the fun and adventure
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the Aggieland Scuba Team members.